United States Military Liaison Mission to the Commander-in-Chief, Group of Soviet Forces, Germany (USMLM to CinC, GSFG), later changed to Western Group of Forces (WGF).
USMLM representational headquarters was located in Potsdam, East Germany (DDR), with Operational & Administrative Headquarters in West Berlin, Germany. US Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps personnel served proudly in the USMLM.
The US Military Liaison Mission was established on 7 April 1947, subsequent to the signing of the US/Soviet Huebner-Malinin Agreement in March 1947. The unit took down its colors on October 1, 1990, in Potsdam, Germany, as directed by the JCS as a consequence of the end of the Cold War. Various Allied luminaries and media, including CNN, attended the unit closure ceremony.